Among Family & Friends
- For several weeks Ed Khedouri has been in weekly chemo treatments which will continue for a while. Gratefully, he says he feels better than he expected he would. He looks good and is in church most weeks. Hang in there, Ed.
- Judy Manning recently returned from a few days in Louisiana where she visited with her sister, Gayle, who is in ICU with a severe pulmonary condition. Judy says Gayle is doing a bit better and ‘is on the mend.’
- Ellie Setser’s sister-in-law, Janie Newsom, recently had surgery for cancer. It was so successful that Janie needs no further treatment. What a nice outcome for Janie – and for her whole family.
- Congratulations are in order for:
- Alex Moss, son of Carol Oates and Richard Moss, who recently graduated from Warren Wilson College in Ashville with a BS in Outdoor Leadership.
- Nina Fair’s daughter Megan graduated recently from Harvard Law School, Nina celebrated this event with flowers on the podium one Sunday in May.
- Ron and Claudia Updike are proud to announce that their oldest daughter, Dr. Adria C. Updike, has been awarded tenure at Roger Williams University in Bristol, Rhode Island. Adria is an Associate Professor of Astronomy and Physics.
- Colin and Anita Thomas welcome their third child, Harper, born recently. She joins siblings Hannah and Finnian who are in our RE program. Congratulations to them all.
- Nancy and Vin Pellegrini announce the birth of granddaughter Charlotte Lisa Tracey. Charlotte is their second grandchild. Between them, Nancy and Vin have 5 children, so I imagine they can expect more grands. Congratulations to the entire family.
- Mark Farnham and Lisa Hajjar are happy to announce the birth of their first grandchild born to son Travis and his wife Hana. James Baron Farnham was born April 29. Lisa and Mark say, “he is a beautiful child and is healthy, happy and lovely.” Imagine! Travis and Hana are teachers in Greenville. Congratulations to all the Farnhams.
- Will Moredock and Maryam Naderi announce the event of their fourth wedding anniversary. And Hillary Hutchinson and Rick Schmiedt share the same anniversary. Congratulations to all four of you.
- Tom Iorizzo reports grandchild successes: Grandson Kyle Iorizzo received a swim scholarship to Rider College; and granddaughter Vera Bella Iorizzo, age 10, won a competition which has earned her the opportunity to play in Carnegie Hall! This is the second such award for Vera. Wow!
Submitted by Judy Bruce